So Thursday morning we took off for Holden Beach - three girls (including Shelby) and a large car packed full of stuff. How much sewing stuff do two quilters need for a long weekend at the beach?
A lot.
You would think we were packing for a month at the beach...but that's just wishful thinking.
We arrived in time to unpack and head out for dinner at the Provision Company. Conch fritters. Sitting on the waterfront porch with a big heater on high. Having the place almost to ourselves. It was perfection.
Friday was cold but clear and we spent the day sewing away. We ventured out on the beach late in the afternoon. It was beautiful but cold. My camera was dead and I left my charger at home so I had to steal these photos from Bonnie.

I was really glad she got the back of my head in this shot since it was a no-make-up weekend and I had epic beach hair.

Saturday was warmer but rainy. We had thought to drive up to Southport but with the rain decided to stay in. We sewed all day...well, except for nap time. We had mandatory naps Friday and Saturday. We decided to order Chinese take out and spend the evening doing handwork while watching Harrison Ford...uh, the Indiana Jones marathon. I wish I had a photo of the three of us sitting on the couch, surrounded by Chinese food and fabric - Shelby in the middle snoozing away.
It was tough packing up and coming back today. It rained almost the whole way home and we kidded that it was a shame we didn't get snowed in. Yes, it is a shame...especially since by the time I got home and unpacked...it was snowing. The ground out there is covered. - sigh - wishful thinking again...
6 comments:
wishful thinking: wish I was there ;^}
no kidding, that would have been too much.
watch out for the rendeers though!
from a freezing foreigner,
irene
So glad you got away for a few days. A well deserved rest.
Sounds like the perfect getaway!
Sounds awesome. Chinese food and Indiana Jones, I could get some handwork done for sure with that setting.
My son used to live in Southport. Charming little town but I am like you, I'd stay inside with sewing since it was cold and rainy outside
It does sound like exactly that... perfection!
Post a Comment