This weekend was our annual fall retreat at Montreat. It was, as usual, a blast. It's always fun to see what everyone is working on and more fun just having time to spend with friends. Some of is have been going on this retreat for 10 years. When I first started it, many of the ladies, I did not know and now we're the best of friends. TJC is one of them. There's no one can make me laugh like this woman. I love her dearly!

Here's my view for the weekend. That's kb taking notes on all the goings-on and probably scheming up the next big project for us all! (another one I love dearly even though she makes me do a lot of applique)

Most everyone was a veteran. We had one newbie, Quiltteacher! She took over her corner and turned it into an art studio.

Laura got one of her epic quilts done. It's been a staple at retreat for 5 or 6 years now. Now what's she gonna do?

It was incredibly cold though! (Not complaining...personally I loved it but there was no sitting on the front porch sipping coffee this weekend!) On Friday, I had walked up to the lake and on the way back it began snowing. Believe it or not, when I took this photo it was snowing on me...you had to stand still and look at something dark but it WAS snowing. Really. Great big snow clouds in a blue sky. I couldn't help but smile.

We didn't get a hike in because it was too cold but Nane and I did walk to town to check out the hiking store and the Dr. Seuss fabric. Later in the evening, Karen and I went for another walk - in the dark around the lake and the inn. We picked up a little friend along the way - a little black cat who was very sweet and even let me pick him up.
It was a wonderful, restful, fun-filled weekend. I even got a little sewing done. Most of all, though, I was able to breathe easy for a few days...something I needed terribly.
6 comments:
All sounds and looks perfect..
Sounds like your weekend was a lot better than mine...i was at an EMS conference all weekend...not nearly as fun as quilting :)
How fun. It sounds like it was an amazing retreat. It looks gorgeous there too.
Good Times
Thanks for the memories. It was a GREAT weekend! Can't wait for more.
I'm so happy to get a glimpse of another fun (and productive) weekend; can't wait to return! I'll check with KB to see what I missed, glad she wrote it all down! ;)
Post a Comment