Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We Dig Cat!



A big thing happened Friday in our county - the biggest groundbreaking in quite a while. Caterpillar is coming to town and bringing with it almost 400 jobs. I got to go to the groundbreaking. It was an incredibly awesome experience to see so many people rejuvenated and hopeful.


It's a big deal to a textile and tobacco state that has seen so many textile jobs going away to foreign soil and tobacco jobs just going away.

It's a big deal to our county - home of RJR Tobacco & Hanesbrands & so many other companies that depend on those two monster companies - who have had to turn meek - shutting doors in so many ways.


It's a big deal to our firm - which like everyone else has had to lose so much ground just to keep above the ground during harsh economic times.




It's a big deal to me - a shareholder in our firm who would very much like to keep my little cubicle...not to mention my house.



Yep, Caterpillar...we dig you too!



5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Very big deal indeed! YAY, Cat!!

Karen P. said...

Yeah! Go Cat!

I might mention I really enjoyed seeing your quilts in W-S.

You're awesome!

Nane said...

Yep as a displaced textile worker I totally concur!

Does Shelby embrace this sentiment too? Banjo and Zorro do! They think Cats are Cool.

black bear cabin said...

thats wonderful! congrats to your community!

Carrie P. said...

400 jobs. that is great. Congratulations!