Thursday, October 28, 2010

At Odds Myself


It's been a rough week. Last night, sitting in my office struggling to get something done and fighting through personal and professional disappointment, I reached the tipping point. I'm glad no one was here at 10 pm to witness it except Shelby.


So I am back this morning, swollen eyed and exhausted, ready to wrap it up and move on to the next fire...but still disappointed and overwhelmed.


Waiting for my email to boot up, I check blogs...and the Wise Woman that is Nancy, Near Philadelphia, reaches out and pulls me out of the muck.


It seems she is at odds also and her perspective makes my head hurt a little less and opens my eyes a little wider.


God's Voice - I think so.


A God wink, perhaps, telling me to get out of the weeds and look at the big picture and everything is going to be just fine.


Most definitely.
'
What the picture above have to do with this? Nothing and everything. That was a happy place. Last night I sat here and told my husband I couldn't find my happy place.
'
I just need to remember I have many happy places.
'
They're not that far away really.
'
I just need to remember how to get there.

10 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

:-)
xx
n, np

Penny from S.C. said...

I know what you mean. I'm not sure where my happy place is anymore. My job is being eliminated (new company bought us) in early January and I'm having a difficult time. I know God is in control - just need to get my stomach to know it as well.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hey, there my friend... sometimes that voice is still and small, and sometimes comes through a blog! Know that it is there, have no doubt, and never stop looking and listening for it.

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's funny how God can speak to us from what we think are the most unlikely places. But remember that He used the most unlikely people to carry out His plans throughout history and it won't seem so unusual. I can tell you from personal experience that out of one of my biggest disappointments professionally God brought about the most incredible blessing of my life. blessings, marlene

Nane said...

I am sorry you are struggling. I too could use a battery re-charge, can you go hiking Sunday after church??? We can go back here if you want!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

yep. it's definitely time for a road trip. call me!

CarolM said...

Sorry to hear you are sad. Please know that you bring so much joy and inspiration to others.
Love you and sending you a BIG hug!!
Keep the faith.

Anonymous said...

Hate to hear you are having a hard time. You are one of the most phenomenal women I know, generous in spirit, mind, heart, talent well... every aspect of life. I'm confident you will find your path again. Hope you take Nane up on her suggestion. A hike on a beautiful Fall day in a beautiful place with a good friend can't help but be a step towards regenerating! And soon we can rock in the mountains! Always peaceful!

Teresa said...

Good morning,
I am reading this on Monday morning, so hope you got to hike yesterday. Aren't friends one of the best blessings in life.

Carrie P. said...

we all go through what you have been through. I hope that you have been able to find your happy place and know that God cares about you.
Congrats on becoming a deacon.