Last Wednesday, Laura and I were in Portsmouth, Virginia to judge the Tidewater Quilters Quilt Show. They were a wonderful group of ladies and we got to see some gorgeous quilts. At the end of the day, I had a stack of quilts in my Judge's Choice "pile". I finally settled on this one, a gift for a caver. I loved that the quilter added stalagmites and stalactites in the outer border.

On Friday, we headed to Camp Caraway for the North Carolina Symposium Board annual retreat. Laura and I are new board members this year so this was our first chance to meet everyone and take part of a board meeting. Friday night we gathered to make ribbons for the upcoming Symposium, then Saturday all day was a business meeting. Saturday night was show and tell and unfortunately, we had to leave after that so I could be back in town for a meeting the next morning. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone. These are women on a mission and I like that A LOT.

Sunday afternoon, I just couldn't stand it anymore. Shelby and I got in the car and headed to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We went for a hike at the Linn Cove viaduct. Not far up the trail you can sit on a rock and get a picture like this one. Really. I took that picture yesterday.

I'm not sure how far we went after that but it was far enough to not see another soul for a while and not be able to hear the cars on the parkway. Miss Girl is quite the little hiker. She climbs up these rocks like she's part mountain lion.

When we got back to the visitor's center, we met Luke, the Biker Dog and his dad. Luke rides everywhere on the back of this Harley...everywhere...he's been across the country a few times on that bike. He was something else.

There were lots of folks out enjoying the Parkway. Could it have been anymore beautiful? I don't know how.

After a little more driving on the Parkway, we stopped in Boone to 1. plug my phone in so I could let my dad know I was out of the woods and not to send the park rangers looking for me and 2. get a cool drink. This was Shelby all the way home....think she was pooped.

Me too...but happy...very, very happy.
6 comments:
Great post, I love that biker dog; amazing! I hope Shelby didn't get any ideas... you might be biker chicks soon! Great photo of the viaduct.
LOVE the pictures. Beautiful and Peaceful! Can't wait to get there! I do believe Shelby has the life!!!
hmmm...might be time to break out the "Born to Quilt" tats and "got fabric?" tshirts again... Except you couldn't go very fast...poor little Shelby would blow out of the seat!
Great day for a hike...I'm glad you got to go. Gorgeous pictures!
What amazing pictures of the Blue Ridge parkway. Glad you and Shelby got to enjoy the hike and are now back down to earth.
Looks like you both had a great day. And other people too.
I like that judges choice quilt. I wonder if it was a round robin. Very pretty.
Sounds like a wonderful day.
Post a Comment