As usual Monday was meet, meet, meet, conference call, conference call conference call, go home and collapse. I did manage to get the binding done on a quilt in between my eyes slamming shut. Here's finish #1 for February - the last of three "Fruits & Veggies" quilts. Why three of these quilts? I have no clue.

Tuesday was finish up for that pesky deadline, get ready to go to the conference...oh, and go to the dentist to get that stupid crown cemented back in. (Part of the festivities at the office on Sunday was my post and core crown deciding it was done and popping out. Why do dental emergencies always happen on the weekends...not to mention the 10" of snow on the ground?)
Wednesday and today were spent at the NC City and County Managers Association Conference. It is fun but grueling. I have to smile a lot...and talk alot...and stand all day. (Here's Gus ignoring me and my camera.)

Then after that, last evening I made up 20-some little gift bags to be delivered to a few of the folks who visited with us during the day. Did I mention I assembled these 20+ bags from the back of my car standing in the parking lot...in the dark...cold...wet parking lot...while the two men where inside smoozing...inside...where it was warm...dry...uhh...not a parking lot? Well, I did and it got done and I didn't have to smile or talk and well, I was still standing but 2 out of 3 isn't bad.
It was all worth it for this right here...a tickled client (and no, we didn't mean to be color coordinated but that was fun too).

After I met the guys back in the hotel and we got the concierge to deliver the bags for us, we finally left for dinner. We ended up at Texas Roadhouse which is okay. I was too tired to care (so were the guys). We had a nice dinner and then at the end of it the manager (who was 12 if he was a day) comes over to play their little card game. Seems that on Wednesdays you get to pick a card out of the deck. If you pick a Jack - your drinks are free (drinks as in coffee, tea...not DRINKS). If you pick a Queen, you get a free dessert. A king gets you one free entree and a joker gets free everything (except DRINKS) for the entire party.
Steve and I decided Gus was the luckiest of us all and he should pick.
We were right.
Gus is the luckiest.
He drew the joker! How cool is that?

See how tired we look? Right after that we headed to the hotel, checked in and said see you after the first vat of coffee in the morning.
We were supposed to stay tonight as well but decided to head home because, once again, they are calling for a winter storm. This one is supposed to be more ice - yuck. I'll take 2 feet of snow over and ice storm. Ice storms mean no driving anywhere and a high chance of no power. I can take the no driving (ooooo...I HAVE to stay home and quilt? Okay!) but the no power thing...no thank you.
Regardless...tomorrow is Friday...I'm staying home...period.
I need a quilt day.
1 comment:
Busy, busy week. I hope that you are able to stay home today (Friday) and enjoy a quilt day. I'm sure Shelby would love it, too.
Post a Comment