Janera gave me an award! It's my first. I feel so special to be included in her list!"This is what the award stands for: 'These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.'"
So, now I must choose eight bloggers... that's tough.
Mrs. Goodneedle, of course because she got me started!
Nane, because she inspires me to do things other than quilt.
Tipper, because of her stories and music.
Dana, because she cracks me up and her photography is stunning. Dude!
Colleen, because every quilt she does, I want to do too!
Marlene, oh, she cracks me up and she makes me think.
Peg, because, everything she does, I want to do too.
Carrie, because just look at her applique, y'all!
Stina, because she is a sweetheart and I wish she could send me some snow.
(yeah, I know that's nine. I have a hard time with rules.)
When I started blogging over a year ago (yeah, I missed my one year anniversary), my reason was to help keep up with the everyday joys, quirks, and laughter of life that I would otherwise forget. I wanted to remember my quilting progress and other odd things that go through my head. I loved reading Mrs. Goodneedle's blog and it looked like so much fun to be able to go back and see the things that randomly cross your mind on an ordinary day.
At first, I thought "comments? I don't care if people comment on my blog. It doesn't matter if anyone reads it or not." At first... but then... I found out how much I loved hearing from other people. Janera, the Garden Hat Lady, talks about pen pals in her latest post. Remember pen pals? You, know, back when we used to write letters and put them in the mail and wait for weeks for a response? I find myself waiting for comments as well as waiting for new posts to my favorite blogs with the same anticipation of waiting to hear the mailman slow down at the end of the driveway when I was 13 years old.
My purpose in blogging is the same as when I started. I want to write. I want to remember. But it has become so much more than that. Blogging is a network of friends both near and far who care for me and for whom I care, who pray for me and for whom I have prayed, who make me laugh and who laugh with me.
What a wonderful world.
5 comments:
It's a wonderful world, indeed, precisely because God put people like YOU in it!! I am humbled by your award and reminded every day that Life is GOOD! Love ya!!
Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind remarks... you made my day!! And you are right... blogging literally changed my world. Who knew? I had no idea! And I have met some absolutely wonderful new friends :o)
First let me say congratualtions on your award. I am new to the blogging world and have seen those awards. You deserve it. Thanks so much for including me in the list especially since I am new to all this. Hope you are feeling well.
Congrats on your award!! I so agree with you-comments and connecting with folks make the journey of writing all the more enjoyable.
Thank you for the award-I'm truly honored and will be smiling a goofy grin the rest of the day. So glad you enjoy visiting my neck of the woods. I sure do enjoy my visits here-even though it makes me jealous of your outstanding quilting abilities.
Hope you recovery quickly from your surgery :)
Woo Hoo...I know its not an award for spelling! Its been fun the last year updating blogs hasn't it. I find even Go Postal makes suggestions of photos or stories to put on the blog! Thanks for thinking of me!
Post a Comment