
I'm not usually one to brag on myself. Don't get me wrong. I like to show off but then when it's time for the recognition, I'd rather stand in the back of the room with a big blush on my face.
However, I've got to share this. It is too cool.
The little street where I work is the heart of the Downtown Arts District in our city. It is a really wonderful place to work. There are lots of art galleries, shops and restaurants. Across the street from our building is a little coffee shops, Chelsee's. They are part coffee shop and part gallery. Every month they feature a different local artist, hanging their work in the shop for a month. I am the artist of the month this month. We hung the quilts today and other than the one that insists on waving at everybody, I must say they look great in there!


This is also in conjunction with Community Arts Cafe, a local arts magazine. I'm their artist of the week! Check out this article. Now, you know I hate to have my picture taken but oh well, there I am...beside myself.
How did this happen? I owe it to my friend Karen. Her art quilt bee, the Beecassos, displayed at Chelsee's in May and she knew they were looking for bed sized quilts for a fall month. No, I don't think I can thank her enough.
10 comments:
Go Postal and I stop in there for a coffee anytime we are downtown..I can't wait to go see your quilts...they look great!
Bravo!! You deserve the spotlight, well done, my friend, well done! Your quilts look GREAT in there; but then, your quilts look great anywhere!
Congratulations!!!!!! Your quilts are awesome and I am proud of you.
That is wonderful! Congratulations--a well deserved honor. I'm not a coffee drinker, but will have to stop by to see the quilts.
Congrats to you!! How wonderful to have your beautiful quilts showcased! I think you deserve a little bragging :)
Anyone who has made as many wonderful, gorgeous quilts as you have DESERVES to brag!!! They look fantastic in there...I stopped by this AM and put up the "They're tactile and tempting but please do not touch" sign...I had to deliver drawings downtown anyway. There were several people in there that said how beautiful they are!
I wish we could be flies on the wall this Friday night for the gallery crawl! We'll have to get a report...
Me again! I just read the article!! They did an awesome job (as they always do)...the pictures are great! Woweee!!!!!
How cool are you! Love the quilts, love the article.
Congratulations! The quilts looks awesome....I really enjoyed the article!
Congratulations! I think you are just too awesome! What a talent you have, Girl.
I did notice that I didn't win the quilt drawing, but don't feel too bad. There's always next time. You are going to have a next time, right? Right? lol
Post a Comment