
I took advantage of early voting a couple of weeks ago and I am so glad I did. I went downtown and got a parking space right across from the building and was in and out in less than 10 minutes! Was I lucky or what!? My husband, however, is a worse procrastinator than I am (which I really didn't think was possible but he continues to prove me wrong). He got up early this morning at was at the polls in our neighborhood at 6:30 a.m. Of course, it was cold and rainy. Isn't it always on Election day? He called me at 7:45 to let me know he was done. I told him congratulations and went back to sleep.
Here's the interesting thing...as he was checking in, he noted that the little sticker with my name was still in their little book. He commented. "That's my wife. She's already voted." The guy with the book laughed and said, "well, she could come down and vote again!"
I didn't, of course. But...if things don't go the way I want them to in the elections, I'm going to lose sleep over that one for a while.
4 comments:
Does that mean your vote doesn't count? That is curious.
It is suprising that in a country where we have to have a background check almost to adopt a stray animal....you don't even have to show ID to vote. But we just have to have faith I guess that there are some checks and balances somewhere.
We had to show a picture ID and our voter reg. cards at the Lewisville library, I was elated over that fact! My daughter and SIL didn't have to show one thing in the Capital City, now that's just not right!
DH and I didn't have to show any ID nor our Reg. cards, and we were prepared with both. We were at the Southside Branch of the Library.
While we were there, there was a young man there who was supposedly registering to vote, the reason I said supposedly, they gave him some forms, but did NOT ask for any kind of ID, they when he got his papers filled out, she handed him his paper that said he could legally vote and that he DID. Go figure that one!
Post a Comment