Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Just a Skip Up the Road

So, Monday I hit the ground running, getting ready for a trunk show that evening.  I had the truck loaded by 8:00 in the morning because any later than that and I would burst into flames.  It's hot.  I don't do hot.  I hate being hot.  I'm counting the days until the high temp is consistently below 75 degrees.  That should be about September 24th...about 75 days from now.  

In the mean time, any physical exertion outside must occur before 9 a.m.  Evenings don't count.  It's muggy and there are mosquitoes.  

So, Monday, the truck was loaded for my trunk show and it looks a little like this...

Trunk shows are when I really miss my SUV.  I could fit more in it than in the truck...at least until we get a new bed cover for the truck.  Then we can add a side show of me climbing in the bed of the truck to get the bins out of the bed.  It'll be fun...or painful.  It's a crap shoot.

Don't get me wrong.  I love the truck.  It's comfortable.  It can haul the trailer like it's not even back there.  I feel kind of badass when I'm driving it around.  I am badass when I parallel park it downtown.

But this time next year, I'm betting my husband will want his truck back.  This fish are starting to call again.

So...back to the point...

I spent a lovely evening in North Wilkesboro with the Blue Ridge Modern Quilt Guild.


They meet at Gloria Sews, a beautiful quilt shop in downtown North Wilkesboro.  If you're traveling along Highway 421 between Winston-Salem and Boone, take time to stop.  The shop is definitely worth the short side trip.

I had a blast with this group of women.  Someone asked how many quilts I showed...no clue.  50?  60?  I think I'll count next time.

Someone else asked me how to make quilting a full time job...you know...because I've done that.  I say this with a slight snort because...no...I mean yes, it's a full time job and yes, I kind of pay my bills but no...because without my husband pulling the majority load on the bills, I would still have a "day job".  But...it's getting there.  To answer the question about how to make quilting a career, I have no clue but it's taken me about 10 years to get this far.


No comments: