As always, we were down at the beach for the Easter weekend but this time, I don't know...it was special, more special than usual. I can't put my figure on why...it just was all sorts of fun.
We started out Friday morning still "on the clock"...which meant getting up really early...which is make all okay by this...
With my car still on the fritz, I'm driving around in David's big green truck...not ideal because compared to what I'm used to driving, this is like driving a pontoon boat. So, Friday morning, David decided he's chauffeur me to Southport to meet with Donna at Angelwing Needle Arts. While he and Shelby snoozed in the truck, I spent a few hours with the most delightful Donna. Her shop is small but packed full of wonderful things for quilters, knitters, needlepointers, or anyone else that wields a needle.
Afterwards, we headed back to the house and Shelby and I took a power nap...for about 2 hours. Why is it that a nap at the beach is THE best sleeping ever? Then, I met my friend Debbie at the Provision Company where we sat on the enclosed porch, drank fruity drinks, ate steamed shrimp and conch fritters and watched the boats go by on the waterway (and one really large porpoise...)
Saturday, David, Shelby and I took off for Murrells Inlet to visit Accent Sewing. We had a little lunch them met up with the rest of the family. We hit the Coleman outlet, the Lodge outlet and then went to Ocean Drive where the Pavilion once stood (which makes me very sad). We walked along the boardwalk for a bit but I really do prefer my quiet little Holden Beach to the crazy tackiness that is Myrtle. So, David, Shelby and I took off for the house...with a stop at Silver Hill Grill to pick up dinner.
In the meantime, the rest of the family did some of the hokey touristy things including Ripley's Believe It or Not museum and the upside down house (whatever that is)...which resulted in a photo that pretty much captures our youngest nephew...one of the funniest humans I've ever met...
Seriously. Is that not the most hysterical thing? That's him...all the time.
Sunday morning found my mom and I (and this year Shelby because she was not taking no for an answer) on the beach with oh...500 or so other people for the sunrise service.
Every year there seem to be more and more people. I remember when there were about 20 of us standing in the pier parking lot. It's always been a wonderful, beautiful thing.
Not long after we got back to the house, it was time to pack it all up and head home. Looking back...what made the weekend special...spending time with new friends and old friends, hanging out with family and watching how these boys interact with us and each other and how incredibly blessed we are.
21 minutes ago







No comments:
Post a Comment