Then we were off to sewing. I had a little baby quilt that needs to be delivered this weekend so I knocked that out on the Beast first thing.
Photo by Bonnie Hunter
Then, I pieced blocks that have been waiting patiently for months and months. By the end of the day I had them together in rows...one step closer. Karen and Bonnie were both mad piecers all day..piecing things with a go-zillion pieces.
Karen had vegetable beef soup in the crockpot and yummy foccacia bread for lunch and I brought Dewey's cake squares for the 3:00 sugar/caffeine reload.
It's been a long time since the three of us have had a chance to get together. Hopefully the next time will come sooner. We needed a day to laugh and sew.
And Shelby...she slept, helped me lay out my quilt top and barked at Max (Karen's sweet monster lab) and was just glad to be hanging with the girls.


3 comments:
Sounds like a fun day.... good food, good friends, and a furry little one. Life doesn't get much better.
Looks like Shelby is feeling better. Glad y'all got some sew time in together!
Ah... Sweet. Each of you deserves a day for refreshment; looks like you got it!
Post a Comment