This morning, I was at The Quilter's Haven in Denver, NC.
Bonus for me is the shop is about 10 minutes from Camp Dogwood so our bee has somewhere new to check out that's close to camp!
This afternoon I went to see Becky and Chris at Anderson's Sew & So in Rockwell, NC. They are out in the country but so worth the drive. We had a blast and then you throw Bill in the mix and the party is on! While I was there, Chris showed me some of her applique designs. She seriously needs to write some patterns!
One of the fringe benefits to driving around the countryside looking for quilt shops is all the other stuff you get to see on the way. I was early arriving to Rockwell so I wandered a little bit and found this...
Grace Lower Stone Church. The building dates to 1795 and is a work of art in itself...but the grave sites...wandering cemeteries is a favorite pastime of mine. The stones are often beautiful and painful at the same time. This site is rich...I found men died in the line of duty in the Civil War...men who served in The Great War (WWI)...at least one revolutionary soldier who survived to live what was then a long life...family lines dating back to the mid-1700's... grave stones in German. What a wonderful place and a blessing to have a few minutes to remember people who walked before us.








3 comments:
It will be fun checking out new places....and for be the struggle would be not to spend all I hope to earn in the process!
Interesting post - loved seeing the old church and the shops both. blessings, marlene
One day, you need to write a book.... A quilty lady Charles Kuralt of sorts... I'm serious! You can spin a yarn...
Post a Comment