...that tries to kill me every year.
I love fall. I really do. Really.
but...
everything happens at one time...and then I get sick...goldenrod hates me.
So in the midst of preparing for my first NCQSI Board of Directors meeting as the new president this weekend, and planning for an art sale next week and getting ready to have a booth at the Davie County Quilt Guild Quilt Show next weekend, plus some really big goings on at Sew Sisters... I am puny. So most three days last week was spent in the bed or in my big comfy chair nursing several concoctions that would allegedly cure me including:
hot cinnamon tea
a cinnamon and honey paste
a shot of Southern Comfort and honey (which is about half a shot more than I can handle without slurring and giggling)
chicken soup
sick tea a la Starbucks
egg drop soup (thank you again, Bonnie!)
All that, lots of encouragement from friends online and Shelby keeping me company got me through the worst of it.
I made it through the retreat and back home and though I'm not 100%, I'm 200 times better than a few days ago.
...which is good because this week is gonna be nuts...
24 minutes ago
.jpg)
2 comments:
Hope you recover soon. My dad lives in Davie County. Hope you have a lot of visitors to your booth at the Show.
Ugggh sorry it's hanging in so long
Post a Comment