Monday, May 7, 2012

Old Friends

Saturday morning I was getting ready to head to the shop when my phone rang.  It was my old friend, Sam and he was coming to town for a festival and wanted to know if I wanted to go along.

Sam and I are the kind of friends that can go many months and sometimes years without contact and then immediately pick up where we left off.  There was a time when we were best friends and once I followed him to the other side of the planet (Latvia to be exact but that's another story).  Needless to say, we have had many adventures together in the nearly 20 years that we and known each other.

Back to this weekend...

He picked me up and we took off for the mighty metropolis of King, NC.  Not far off Main Street is One Way Architectural Antiques.  For years, they have had a spring festival, Two Feathers, and I could not believe I had never heard of it.  First of all, this place was magical.  The house, the yard, the out buildings were pure primitive perfection in my eye.


We met up with his friend, Harriet, who makes wonderful jewelry.  Sam and Harriet have known each other even longer than Sam and I and I could tell right off, she and I could be good friends.  Funny thing is...she lives in my little neighborhood.  We'll be having coffee soon.

Even though it was a short visit, Sam and I had a great time, laughing, talking, being old friends..like the years have stood still or never happened at all.

8 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I had a friend like that that... miss her still.

I'm glad you had a great time!

Nane said...

Looks like a place GP and I would like to check out sometime!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

How cool :)

I've never been to one way either...heard lots about it though! Road trip!!?

Teresa said...

Fun few posts - I enjoyed catching up and reading of your adventures!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Old friends are the best! I've never heard of this place either; so many gems if we just look around, even in our own backyard.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Isn't it great being with old friends after a period of time and even better making new friends who get you? I'm so glad you had a great time.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I have some old friends like that - the kind that when you hear their voice your heart sings. :) What a gift that kind of friendship is! blessings, marlene

Alyssa said...

Somehow this post made me miss my friend a lot. We only spend time together on Facebook, she now lives in Australia. I miss those days where we hang out together and watch movie and talk like there's no tomorrow. Well, cheers to you for a great and heartwarming entry here. :)

---------------
colorado springs divorce lawyers