Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hawksbill

Saturday, a group of us headed up to Hawsbill for a short (but a bit steep) hike to the top of Hawksbill.

It's amazing how many wonderful places there are right here in NC that I never knew existed and it didn't cost a thing except a little gas money and a peanut butter & jelly sandwich.


Nane - on top of the world.



Go Postal taking a photo of me and Nane. We were laughing at his hat flying back like that and he said he must look like the guy from "F Troop"...to which we said..."who?" (Actually, I remember F Troop - just barely.)



Linville Gorge - with very little water in the base.



Table Rock - a hike for another day.



Sassafras - making me smile because it's showing off it's new color - which means fall is coming...finally.


2 comments:

Nane said...

Love it up there...we'll go back again soon I hope.

black bear cabin said...

wow...what a gorgeous hike! i love when i discover some place new thats close by :)