Saturday, April 24, 2010

Well, Now We Know...

We know that Spring is not the time to have a quilt sale. I sold not one thing today.



That's okay. I got to visit with some friends and listen to some good music. (You gotta love Trade Street on a Saturday.)



And I finished another quilt. Here's Moon Dance.

Another silver lining is I pushed to get other quilts done this month so I have lots to add to my OPAM list for April. Here's the rest:

Midnight in the Garden - a "Dazzling Dresden" that's been languishing for years.


Drunkard's Path



Blue Plate Special - the last Sew Original Block of the Month



Asheville Sheep (why? because the fabric has sheep on it and I bought them in Asheville)


Hens & Chicks II


Chine Coins (made from leftovers of Asheville Sheep)


So, even though today didn't turn out as hoped, it still yielded good results.

We ended the day by going over to friend's house for Dinner for Eight. The meal was perfection and the conversation with this group is, well, you just never know what we're going to talk about next with 3 school teachers, 2 attorneys and a health inspector in the room. No matter what, we're entertained.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed the post about the coffee shop sale....though I was headed opposite direction and went to Liberty Antique show.
Your quilts are wonderful! I'm sure selling soon!

MJMR said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Even without a sale. sorry I couldn't attend. DD & I had a day together (1st in a long time that we could do girl stuff)

black bear cabin said...

i love all the quilts youve been working on...wow, have you been busy! i hope you have better luck with sales next time :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You never know, you may have stirred up just enough interest that NEXT TIME will be a complete sell out! Your Drunkard's Path quilt is stunning; they all are, but that one really caught my eye! Hugs~

quiltkeemosabe said...

they are all so pretty!!!! I can't decide which would be my favorite....

Teresa said...

A very nice showing of quilts. I have seen the quilt Moon Dance on someone else's blog in blues and greens, and yours looks so different - I love them both. Its amazing the difference in choice of fabrics can make.

Your drunkard's path is the first I have seen set like that and it is very pretty - nice work.

Ivory Spring said...

That dresden plate quilt is STUNNING!