Here are my lovely traveling companions, Mrs. S., KB and KB's Mom standing outside before we entered the show. The venue for the Asheville Quilt Show is the North Carolina Arboretum, which is worth the trip even if there's no quilt show. It is beautiful BUT in August, it is HOT.

Of course, this was one of my favorites. You know how I am about bears.

It is true that once you begin to go through the NQA Judging Candidacy process that quilt shows never quite look the same. They are even better than before because I take notice of things I would have just glanced over before. Not being a garment maker, I don't (or didn't pay much attention to them before) but now... and this jacket was gorgeous.

I just loved this one.

Here's KB's Mom checking out our bee member's prize-winning quilt. It is stunning, isn't ?

This morning glory quilt was lovely.

Check out the sweet birds in the border.

This miniature was insane. I love it.

I just kept coming back to this art quilt and studying it.

Those little pieces inside the rectangles are rolled pieced of fabric. Cool.

And, finally, here's KB with the prize-winning raffle quilt. She designed all that applique and got all of us to do a little bit. She should look like a proud mama.
Also, on this trip, we took in the auxiliary show and vendors sponsored by the Asheville Rotary Club. The show was held in an empty storefront in the mall and was quilt nice. And, there is a great discount shoe warehouse nearby with great buys on Merrills, Birks, and other great brands. The deciding factor on stopping at the show store was whether we got a good parking spot. Saturday I had very good parking spot karma. Everywhere we went, I got a front row parking spot....everywhere. Plus, when we got out of the car at the quilt show, the shuttle van was sitting there right behind the car, waiting to take us to the door. My passengers were amazed at my parking karma. Sometimes you're just living right.
7 comments:
Amazing, we took photos of the exact same quilts! I kept coming back to them, too.
We didn't get to the Rotary show or TOPS, though, bummer.
KB looks like the proud mama, you're right. That's an honor well deserved.
I knew you would like the quilt with Bears on it. Go Postal's favorite was the Elephant, but we both are always drawn to the more traditional patterns when picking the theoretical "Which one would you want to take home"
Love the raffle quilt. It's so beautiful. Good job, all of you but especially to the designer.
All of the quilts are really gorgeous. The one with the rolled beads is very interesting. I love the fringe. And that mini....oh my!!! The raffle quilt is stunning.
How did I not know about this show?!? Oh, umm...well, OK, I'm the same person who can't keep up with what night Guild meets. *sigh* Me and my overbooked life. Looks like a good time was had by all. LOVE the raffle quilt. I never saw it with all of the applique - amazingly beautiful!!!
Sounds like a great day and what a wonderful display of quilts
I was really wanting to go to the quilt show this year but I was on my home from vacation. I haven't been yet. Maybe next year. Congrats to KB. It was a great design. And congrats to your bee winner too.
Post a Comment