Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Retreat Weekend

What a great weekend I had! First it started out with an "in-town" retreat with my bee. Karen arranged for us to have a great big room in her church all day and we had a blast. I got 6 quilt basted (yay!) and got to spend most of the day with my friends sewing. We missed those that couldn't be there though.

Here are Mrs. G and Quiltkeemosabe working on their UFOs.


Here's Bonnie working on a new project. Note the half gallon bucket of diet coke. Now she and I both know better than to ask for the biggest diet coke KFC has to offer! It was like drinking out of a sippie cup.


Here's Karen working on a new art quilt. How her mind works is amazing to me. I would never think of using tissue paper and glue. It was very cool.


Here's Nane tieing one of her family heirloom quilts. They are very sweet.


I left there about 3:30 to meet up with my old Raleigh bee for another retreat. Last year we decided we needed to get together once a year to catch up and to sew. I reserved a couple of hotel rooms, one being an executive suite with a conference room table in it and we got to sew all weekend. It is really fun for me because it's in town and I get to take them to all my favorite places to shop and eat. The best was getting to spend time with old friends. My husband even dropped by on Friday evening and to sneak Shelby in for a visit!

I worked on an old UFO with a gazillion triangles. See all the dog ears!

7 comments:

Mama said...

What fun! And I'm so glad that women are keeping the bees going.

Thanks so much for coming by to comment on my grandma's and mama's quilts.

You are a treasure!

Nane said...

Retreats Rock...looks like you all had fun downtown. I actually finished making all the knots on this quilt sitting on Go Postal's screen porch on Sunday afternoon.

em's scrapbag said...

What a great weekend. So glad you were able to have such a delightful time with friends.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

OMG, there is photographic proof that I used my Ginghers to cut paper...my mother is probably rolling (that was a BIG no no in her sewing room!) Sorry Mom!!

It was a fun retreat and I can't wait for the next one! :-)

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Oh, BTW, I'd love to have that pile of dog ears if you didn't throw them out!

Salem Stitcher said...

Oh no! I did throw them out but not before I stared at them for a long time trying to figure out what I else I could do with them. I'll make more and save them for you!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Life is good, and it's weekends like this that only enrich our existence!