Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On a Roll

For the past week or so I have been a quilter on a mission. There are three plastic bins under my sewing table with UFOs in them. One had the Lori Smith quilt top in it (seen in the last post). The other two have a total of three kits I purchased last summer at Good Wives Company in Marion, Ohio. (Boy, did they love me...). My mission...empty those bins so I can get them out of my way. Well...that's part of the mission anyway. The bigger mission is to get all the UFOs that are running loose and not in the closet where they belong. So... here's what else I've gotten done in the past couple of weeks or so.
This is one of the kits from Good Wives Co. It was actually in one of the Quilt Sampler magazines last year. The outer border is a bit wavy. It'll quilt out. Anyway, it's a flag...it's supposed to wave.


This is one of the projects from our monthly applique workshop that HB (Hookin' Buddy) teaches. I just had to put the blocks together and put the borders on.


These blocks were from a Block of the Month at one of the LQSs. I'm really not that fond of them because the scale is a bit off in my opinion. (That pansy is HUGE!) I had no idea what to do with them until I saw a BOM on of my bee members did with this pattern. I think it's called BQ2. It's kinda funky and I kinda like it now.


I'm almost done with one of the other Good Wives Co. kits and will post it when the top is done...maybe this weekend. In the mean time, the fruits of my labor...


5 comments:

Nane said...

Wow those ARE big flowers!

I love the applique wallhanging and the flag.

When do you sleep?

Karen Newman Fridy said...

I like the way the setting for the big flowers turned out...very cool! When you finish up at your house, just head on over to mine...

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Whoa, there... I gotta catch up... no fair... you got a head start!

MJMR said...

Love the BOM finished using the BQ2 layout. I know you are glad to get some on your UFOs out of the way. I just keep adding to mine! Give Shelby a hug for me.

Karen said...

Just want to let you know that I visited. I really like the quilts you have shown in this post!