To tell you the truth, I like winter the best. I'm comfortable in winter. I love the cold, crisp air and the hope for snow. I'm not talking Great White North kind of winter where the climate makes a legitimate attempt to kill you. I'm talking our nice North Carolina winters. Cold enough to bundle up, put a couple extra quilts on the bed and burrow in. I love hot choclate, hot tea and cold mornings.
I hate hot weather. So, when the weather starts warming up and the birds start chirping and the buds start budding, I'm usually not quite ready to let go of winter. I know that just around the corner is summer - hot, humid, sticky, buggy, bad hair summertime. So when spring starts to show up, I start getting a little "blah". (I know this is a little weird. I know most people get "blah" in the winter time. Okay...so I'm a little off...but most of you already know that...just wait...it gets a little weirder...)
Back to the "blah"...so the weather gets warmer, the days start to get longer, the birds are chirping and the buds are budding... I'm walking around..."blah, blah, blah"...then every year OVERNIGHT this tree in my front yard...

does THIS...

Every year...overnight. And that morning when I open my door and see that tree bursting with blooms, I can almost hear it say "BOO!". I think "Okay, okay, I see ya there, you big show-off. Spring is here. Summer is coming. Thanks for the warning. I'll get used to it...again."
And as I walk by and the wind blows those little pink petals all over my yard, I can hear my tree giggling.
(told ya it would get weirder...didn't know I talked to trees, did ya...
...well, I guess a few of you did...)
1 comment:
Hee hee...funny post. I feel the same way about Spring. It's too bright and in your face...and yes, it taunts me that hot, sticky, long summer is coming. I love winter and fall. Summer...not so much. But don't worry...we'll get through it!
Post a Comment