The Sawtooth Center for Visual Arts is a wonderful resource for artists and craftsfolk in our area. Each year they have a fundraiser called "Deck the Halls" where area artists display their wares for sale with part of the proceeds going to the Sawtooth Center. I am fortunate to be showing a few quilts there for the next couple of weeks. The opening gala was last night and I attended. It is very satisfying to see your work on display. It is even more satisfying to see a "sold" ticket on your work! The best part is seeing the diversity of work in the room. There is incredible pottery, jewelry, woodwork and other items. Every where you look, there is something you missed the first time. One artist took antique rocking chairs and stools that surely had worn out caning and instead of recaning them, she "caned" them with old silk ties. They are wonderful. I am constantly amazed at what folks think of when they see ordinary things.
How did she think of that?
I wonder if folks look at my work and think the same thing.
1 comment:
... you have to know that they do, you are such a great source of inspiration to so many. Congratulations on the sale. See?
Post a Comment