This past weekend was our bee's annual Camp Dogwood retreat and once again it was a great weekend. The best part was just about the whole crew was there. Here's a group shot Mrs. G took. We look like we're having a blast, don't we?
I brought enough projects to keep me going for at least a month and I actually did make a dent. I'm on a mission to work through all the kits that are running amok in my sewing room. Now...keep in mind that I had most of these blocks pieced and I kept my head down most of the weekend. (So if you want to see photos of actually people, you'll have to visit Karen, Bonnie and Mrs. Goodneedle!) Here's what I worked on this weekend:
I had these snowmen blocks together and got the top together this weekend. It lacks a border or two which I'll figure out this week while I'm in the shop.
Then, I had picked up this table runner kit when I was in Hershey, PA this summer so I got it together plus basted.
A
lady bought a "girl" quilt from me a few weeks ago and wanted a "boy" quilt to match so I pulled a bunch of scraps and got this top together.
And this monster...I've been hand appliqueing a gazillion leaves for years and finally finished the last one a few weeks ago. I'm glad to have this top together! I started it WAAAY back here.
I've been carrying these blocks around in my "emergency projects for sewing days" bag. It just lacks a simple brick border and it'll be ready to quilt.
In between piecing all these tops together, I was doing leaders and enders. The first batch became these little houses.
These second batch are the beginnings of a tiny Storm at Sea - a laser cut kit I bought from John Flynn.
When Laura saw these, she said "Have you finally lost your foolish mind?"
ummm,,,,maybe....probably....don't ya think?
18 hours ago
12 comments:
Yep, I definitely lost count of all your accomplishments this weekend!
Wasn't it FUN?? :D
Sure sounds like you all had a lot of fun and got lots done.
Anna
Ritzy Thimble Guild
Tennessee
You got a lot done and they all look wonderful. Your group does look like fun. I follow several of your blogs and feel like I know you already.
Even if most of these projects were almost ready to assemble, I still think you got an amazing amount done. I understand why you say your head was down most of the time.
Those snowmen are so, so cute. Haven't seen that quilt before anywhere. Love it!
The stars with all the appliqued leaves is incredible. I wouldn't even attempt to start something like that, let alone expect to finish it. : )
I saw a different quilt made from one of John Flynn's tiny laser cut kits at a quilt show a few months ago. Yep, you are crazy! But they are so cool!
It looks like you all had a wonderful time. I thought I was the only crazy person who went to quilt retreats in the winter. I am going to one on lucky friday 13th. What pattern is that 9-patch quilt. It is just lovely. I would love to make one.
Bonnie T from Va
WOW, as always you blow me away! Miss you all!!
I do believe you have as many projects going as me. :) I love a quilt retreat! blessings, marlene
You really, truly were the busiest of all the bees! Wow! I lost count, too. Now, about that thimble-sized S.A.S., that's going to take some serious dedication! I'm wishing you luck on that one... !
Do you keep a 2" in diameter bobbin around to fake us out, or are those blocks REALLY that teenitzy? Amazing.
I loved my little John Flynn Storm at Sea...the pieces fit together perfectly!
I was just steered to John Flynn's laser cut kits because I wanted to do a Storm at Sea. I believe I'll start with something a little larger than a miniature! ha!
Post a Comment